Cleaning with Care – Coronavirus Outbreak
October 22, 2020 – I am writing today to let you know what we at Alberta Carpet & Furnace Cleaning are doing in response to the coronavirus in Edmonton. As of October 22, 2020, we have made the decision to continue to provide our customers with in-home cleaning services, but with added precautions for the safety of our customers and staff.
Additional Safety Measures We Have Added:
- Daily pre-screening of staff, including temperature checks
- Stringent sick policies
- High focus on hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
- Observing physical distancing, and eliminating hand shaking
- Disinfection of equipment, tools and hand held terminals after every cleaning
- Increased frequency of disinfection of vehicle touch points
- Wearing fabric or disposable masks in customer homes
Requirements for Cleaning:
Most people in the Edmonton area continue to be healthy and free of the COVID-19 virus, however, we are taking extra precautions to screen our customers to ensure that our staff are not exposed.
- Let us know if you, or a close contact have travelled outside of the country within the past 14 days – we can re-schedule your appointment to ensure that you can observe the required self-isolation period
- Let us know if anyone in your home is self isolating or quarantined – we will re-schedule your appointment
- Let us know if you or anyone in your home have a cough, fever or respiratory symptoms – we will set your appointment to follow up in 2 weeks to re-schedule
- We are asking our customers to provide access to hand washing facilities for our employees while they are in your home
- We are asking our customers to wear a mask if they are in the same room as our staff
Physical Distancing During Appointments
Our technicians are required to maintain physical distancing through-out your cleaning appointment, and we are working to minimize the number of people our employees are in contact with. We ask that you and any family present at the time of cleaning stay out of the cleaning area while our employees work, and that you not schedule visitors or other service companies to be in your home while we are present.
For your comfort, if you would rather not be present in your home while our staff are cleaning, this can be set up with our office. Our staff are insured, bondable, and background checked and clean for many customers while they are not home. Payment may be taken over the phone by credit card.
Current COVID-19 Situation in Alberta
Safety and the public good continue to be our priorities as we move forward, and we want to re-assure you of what we are doing to maintain a safe environment as we clean in your home. Our core purpose is “We Take Care of People” – now and through the days ahead, we are committed to this purpose.
Alberta Health Services continues to provide frequent updates. We are monitoring information from Alberta Health Services very closely and will adjust our operations as the situation requires.
Current information is available here: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16997.aspx
Sanitizing/Disinfecting Your Carpets & Ducts
Unfortunately, even at a time like this, there are companies who are willing to take advantage of fear and concern about the virus, and try to sell products with mis-leading information. There are certainly disinfectants available that can be applied to your ducts or to your carpets, however, no product is approved by Health Canada for true disinfection of these surfaces. In both a heating system and on carpeting, coverage and application cannot be controlled to the extent required to confirm disinfection has occurred. Based on information from the World Health Organization and our government about how COVID-19 spreads, applying disinfectant to your ducts or carpets is not a measure we would recommend to protect yourself, or prevent the spread of COVID-19. When it comes to disinfecting your home, your best bet is to focus on high touch surfaces (such as counters, door knobs, light switches, and electronics).
If you or someone in your home has had COVID-19 and you are booking a cleaning following their illness, please inform our office at the time of booking so that we can take all necessary precautions.
We have a favour to ask. If you are unable to clean right now, instead of cancelling, we are asking you allow us to move your appointment 6 to 8 weeks into the future. At that time, we will reach out and re-evaluate, and decide whether to go ahead or to move it further out. This will allow us to prioritize your cleaning when you are ready, and hopefully get people working quickly when the risk subsides.
We remain committed to providing for your cleaning needs in a safe and caring way, now and into the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Alberta Carpet & Furnace Cleaning